Discussed the readings:
- A Nickel and a Prayer,
- secondary sources on Hunter,
- historical works that provided context for A Nickel and a Prayer,
- African American autobiographical narratives (fall 2008).
Planned archival research trips (fall 2008).
- Determined budget for travel, accommodations, meals, and photocopies.
- Wrote travel grant proposal letters to likely sponsors.
- Followed up on letters.
- Received funding from the Clemson University Department of English.
- Received funding from the College of Arts, Architecture, and Humanities
through the Humanities Board of the Clemson University Foundation.
- Received funding from a private donor.
Collaborated on publishing proposal for a new, edited and annotated edition of A Nickel and a Prayer (fall 2008).
- Researched publishers.
- Collaboratively wrote draft of the book proposal.
- Submitted final proposal.
- Received letter of acceptance from West Virginia University Press.
Worked on annotations.
- Determined what needed to be annotated.
- Researched, wrote, and revised a draft of the annotations.
Completed individual assignments:
- individual research areas,
- African American autobiographies and their authors (fall 2008),
- term papers